Thursday, January 13, 2011

Meet the Staff at CEG Series- Kehinde Hall

Kehinde Hall – Community Liaison

The first thing you notice when meeting Kehinde Hall is his big smile. He is truly an amazing person who has really turned his life around and has inspired the community he works with. Hall through his great energy and personality makes a positive impact with CEG to help fight the battle against HIV/AIDS.

1. What is your role at CEG?

My role here at CEG is community liaison. I have been here for 2 years. Basically, I recruit and establish relationships with various barber shops, beauty salons, and nonprofit community based organizations (CBO) so CEG can distribute condoms there. Also, I make relationships at various venues and sites for testing events. Lot of the places I work with is located in ward 7 and 8 where there is a high rate of HIV. Being from ward 7, I know lot of the people there so it’s much easier to establish relationships with the community since they are comfortable with me already.

2. What do you hope to achieve at CEG?

I hope to bring more awareness to the community about HIV prevention. Also, to break down the barriers and the stigma associated with HIV/AIDS. I think it’s also important for people to get tested and know their status and for people to wear condoms.

3. Tell me your greatest accomplishment as it relates to CEG or otherwise?

The transition from a criminal lifestyle to being an upstanding citizen!

4. What made you choose this work at CEG?

I got with CEG because of a good friend I knew here that got me the job. Once I started here, I ended up liking the job because I was giving back to the community that I once took from. It makes me feel better about who I am and what I represent.

5. What makes you stand out from others?

I’m a left hander! Also, I’m not afraid of a challenge. If someone thinks I can’t do something or if it’s too difficult, I always welcome the challenge.

6. What are your hobbies?

Watching football, the Redskins are my team. I also enjoy swimming and all types of exercise.

7. How do you like your peanut butter smooth or chunky?

Chunky!

No comments:

Post a Comment